December Conference Sponsor:
• SCHB was a Gold-Level Sponsor of the Fourth Annual Energy & Resources Conference, Thursday, Dec. 10th, Con Edison Building, NYC Topic: From Concept to Commercialization: Funding Innovation for a New Economy Further Details
SCHB Alternative Councilor Gianna Arnold, Esq. led an
ACS Small & Medium Business Webinar
Topic: Navigating the IP landscape: Legal issues entrepreneurs and small business owners need to know
When: Thursday, November 19, 2009 Archived Webcast
A half-hour presentation followed by Q&A with speaker Gianna Arnold, Principal at Miles & Stockbridge P.C. As a scientist and a law professional, she focuses her legal expertise on helping scientist professionals, entrepreneurs, and small/medium business executives learn about the policies, procedures and corresponding agreements needed to protect the intellectual assets of start-up, early stage, and mid-sized companies. The archived webcast of this presentation is now available.
October - SERMACS (Southeast Regional) Meeting
San Juan, Oct. 21-24
August - Washington, DC National Meeting:
SCHB was at the ACS National Meeting, August 2009 (some presentations and videos are now available; more to come): Program
• Washington, DC - Fall Meeting, 238th ACS National Meeting & Expo, August 16-20, 2009: SCHB technical sessions will focus on Entrepreneurship (True Stories from Chemical Entrepreneurs and Best Practices for Entrepreneurs ) and Chemistry and Global Security (Chem & Tech Import-Export Regulations, Issues and Security Challenges) Download Abstracts Download Aug09 Newsletter
Program Chairs: John H. Lauterbach and Joseph E. Sabol. Organizer: Gianna Arnold (Entrepreneurship)
May - Regional Meetings:
• GLRM (Great Lakes Regional Meeting), Chicago, May 13-16 Program
• CERMACS (Central Regional Meeting), Cleveland, May 20-23 Program
April - SCHB Strategic Planning Meeting:
• SCHB Board meets at ACS Headquarters to plan our future Details
March - Salt Lake City National Meeting:
SCHB's Nanosciences Session highlighted in Chemical & Engineering News article "Entrepreneurs in Academia" (April 20, 2009 issue). See the full SCHB program listing at SLC.
March and August - Small Biz News newsletters:
Latest Newsletter (Aug 2009 • program details • abstracts) Archived Issues
March and August - Booth at ACS Expos:
Are You Interested in Booth Space at ACS National Meetings? If so, join us on Small Chemical Businesses Row at the National Meetings. For more information contact: Steven J. Cooke, SCHB Booth Coordinator, at email@example.com or visit SCHB Booth at National Meetings.
Visit our SCHB members’ Links for current members offering services, go to the Members’ Links.